Safety Compliance Specialist
Position Overview: The Safety Compliance Specialist implements and monitors safety programs, policies, and procedures that meet regulatory and other applicable requirements.
- Promote an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the mission and core values of Viafield.
- Model behaviors that support Viafield’s mission and core values to be a trusted advisor to our customers and members.
- Assists in quarterly location audits and inspections.
- Identify opportunities to minimize workplace injuries and accidents.
- Conduct employee training on Viafield safety operatizing standards.
- Reviews safety training and recommend revisions, improvements, and updates.
- Reviews files and documentation to stay DOT, DNR, HACCP and OSHA compliant.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable government compliance regulations.
- Evaluates the organizations procedures, facilities, and equipment to identify unsafe conditions.
- Implements safeguard and solutions
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Health and Safety, Environmental Health is preferred
- At least 3 – 5 years safety compliance experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct training.
- Ability to work independently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position:
- The Team Member is regularly required to talk or hear
- The Team Member frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- The Team Member is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms
- The Team Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Occasional periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- The Team Member is required to work at elevated surfaces and heights
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge.