Location Team Leader
Marble Rock, IA
Reporting to VP Operations, the Location Manager is an Exempt position.
The Location Manager is responsible for ensuring efficient operations of the distribution center. This position will manage all aspects of facility daily operations in accordance with safety procedures.
- Role models the values of Viafield.
- Holds themselves and team accountability.
- Actively engages their team.
- Creates key performance indicators and metrics for the team. Communicates the metrics and ensures each team member knows their role in achieving the metrics. Share results with the team.
- Consistently provides feedback to employees, coaches on a daily basis.
- Celebrates wins and recognizes others.
- Addresses performance issues in a timely and consistent manner.
- Leads change, shares the way, explains the why and the impact, is transparent.
- Creates opportunities for the team to collaborate.
- Creates opportunities for team members to develop.
- Empowers others.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage daily facility operations to ensure safety, efficiency and profitability
- Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions
- Analyze sales forecasts operational objectives
- Create and manage operational budget
- Maintain accurate inventory records to properly document movement of products
- Ensure proper storage and movement of all products located within the facility
- Schedule and monitor maintenance of facility and equipment
- Oversee facility compliance in accordance with OSHA standards
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Agricultural Business, or a related field required.
- Five years of experience in agriculture management.
- Exhibits solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience in leading safety and business improvement strategies
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.