Reporting to the CFO, IT Technician is a non-exempt position. This position will be located at any of our Viafield Locations.
The IT Specialist will interact with all team members addressing inquires and resolving any network, server, hardware and software questions. This position will involve working with heights and working outside to make some of the network equipment repairs.
- Promote an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the mission and core values of Viafield.
- Model behaviors that support Viafield’s mission and core values to be a trusted advisor to our customers and members.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain and repair WAN network equipment over a wide range territory.
- Install & Configure Networks; Set up, enhancement, and maintain networks & servers.
- Manage Viafield’s databases: Setting up data storage and retrieval processes, adjusting permissions and managing data security during migrations, backups, and day to day use.
- User Support: Provide direct support to team members across Viafield. Including hardware or software set up, diagnosing connectivity or data access problems, answering hardware or software questions, assisting team members with shared drives and devises. Partner with HR to set up new employees and remove separated employees from system access.
- Troubleshoot Systems: Support Viafield by troubleshooting systems and hardware during updates, and IT changes. Identifies issues with hardware or software and work with team members to quickly resolve issues.
- IT Inventory: Keeping track of all cellphones, iPads, & computers across Viafield.
- Reviewing and finding recommendations for improved system capabilities.
- Associates degree in an IT maintenance related field with 3-5 years experience preferred
- Able to demonstrate practical troubleshooting and problem-solving techniques
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Eager to learn
- Able to think critically
- Able to prioritize situations, and perform under pressure to prevent shut-downs
- Microsoft workstation set up and configuration experience preferred
- Works well in a team environment, but capable of independent progress.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this position:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- The employee is required to climb; bend; stretch; kneel; squats; push/pull; stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.