Grain originator will report to our VP Of Grain, and will be an Exempt position.
Grain originators must have an understanding of the grain industry, excel in sales, and enjoy giving presentations with growers. Meeting and communicating with growers to sell the full range of risk management products as well as originate corn and soybeans.
- Produce corn and soybeans from producer customers.
- Call growers to explain Viafield’s programs and markets to promote purchases of grain.
- Quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales and purchase contracts for orders obtained.
- Monitor area basis levels.
- Monitor competitiveness for cash grain bids.
- Monitor activity on the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT)
- Assists in the development of and communication of grain policies and programs.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and a friendly atmosphere.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Skills & Requirements:
- Analytical – synthesize complex or diverse information
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Excellent Communication Skills – Written and Verbal
- Teamwork – Partner with operations, grain accounting, merchandisers and other team members to provide the best possible customer service experience for our growers and customers.
- Bachelors in Agriculture business is preferred, or equivalent of 1+ years’ experience.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages, area, and volume, ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concreate variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Microsoft office experience is required
- Accounting and grain software experience is preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.