Reporting to Assistant Locations Manager or Location Manager, the Grain and Agronomy Operations Associate a NonExempt position.
The Grain and Agronomy Operations Associate will perform duties associated with grain and agronomy within the facility in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
- Promote an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the mission and core values of Viafield.
- Model behaviors that support Viafield’s mission and core values to be a trusted advisor to our customers and members.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Grain handling including but not limited to filling, reclaiming and transferring of grain.
- Maintains an accurate running inventory.
- Restocks supplies and inventory; places orders as needed.
- Enters purchase order data in the inventory control system.
- Accepts, verifies, inspects, and records all deliveries according to policy.
- Records, reports, and returns defective items.
- Processes invoices, supplying necessary data to accounting or other appropriate department for payment and recordkeeping.
- Maintains the organization and cleanliness of the warehouse area.
- Handles complaints related to shipments; notifies supervisor of any shipping or receiving issues.
- Comply with government regulations and company safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year grain and agronomy experience
- Proficient with inventory control systems.
- Thorough understanding of warehouse policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position:
- The team member is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.