Grain Admin Specialist
Position Overview: The Grain Admin Specialist is a non-exempt role. This role maintains the daily billing and reconciliation of our grain department.
- Promote an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the mission and core values of Viafield.
Operations: The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Verifies accuracy of billing data, correcting any errors.
- Creates itemized statements, bills, invoices and other necessary billing documents, which may require calculation of credit terms, shipping charges, discounts and costs of goods.
- Performs general bookkeeping work, which may include entering data and maintaining records, invoices, and supporting documents of amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Contacts customers to obtain, verify, and update account information when necessary.
- Create, and maintain processes for efficiencies.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Associates degree required or related experience
- Three to five years of experience in a grain administrative role prefered
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
- Ability to work independently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- The Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.