Feed Warehouse Operations
Reporting to the Location Manager/Mill Manager, the Feed Mill Operator is a Non-Exempt position.
The Feed Warehouse Operator will ensure the manufacturing, packaging and loading of animal feed operating a variety of heavy industrial equipment.
- Promote an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the mission and core values of Viafield.
- Model behaviors that support Viafield’s mission and core values to be a trusted advisor to our customers and members.
- May direct and supervise the work of other laborers and equipment operators as necessary to aid in safe and efficient completion of tasks requiring heavy equipment use.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Operates a variety of heavy equipment.
- Prior to operating equipment, conducts routine inspections to identify needed maintenance or repairs.
- Monitors gauges and other indicators to ensure safe operation.
- Performs or requests necessary repairs and adjustments to equipment.
- Assists with repairs as needed.
- Adheres to all safety rules, guidelines, and codes.
- Maintains records of time worked and materials used.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of experience operating heavy equipment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Thorough understanding of practices involved in the use of various types of heavy equipment.
- Thorough understanding of maintenance and basic repairs associated with heavy equipment.
- Thorough understanding of safety rules and ability to safely operate machinery.
- Superior skill operating assigned equipment safely and efficiently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position:
- The team member is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The team member frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The team member is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms.
- The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work in all types of weather, including extremely hot and extremely cold temperatures.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.