Feed Operations Superintendent
Feed Operations Superintendent
Reporting to the Feed Leader, the Feed Operations Superintendent is an non- exempt position.
The Feed Mill Operations Superintendent will perform duties associated with feed within the facility in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
- Promote an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the mission and core values of Viafield.
- Model behaviors that support Viafield’s mission and core values to be a trusted advisor to our customers and members.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the daily outgoing loads by labeling loads assigned to be delivered.
- Assist in managing the schedule of feed mill paid time off (PTO) calendar.
- Cosign loads that are out of compliance by identifying the problem and resolving the issue for the driver.
- Communicate with the trucking dispatcher to ensure drivers know where their destinations are and what loads to exchange at each location.
- Provide clear communication what the expectations for each employee are before being dispatched.
- Communicate with other mill operators on what orders need to be made and dispatched to with the corresponding driver.
- Work with the Feed Leader on hiring and staffing needs.
- Ensure that everyone is complying with Haccp policies and procedures.
- Monitor inventory daily and collaborate with personnel on what needs to be ordered for the following day.
- Communicate with trucking dispatcher on the statuses of trucks being worked on.
- Work with office personnel to ensure that locations with Pedigree are up to date.
- Correct and resolve any ticket complications.
- Make sure that everyone is working in a safe and efficient manner.
- Collaborate with the Feed Leader to schedule feed mill meetings and be involved in weekly meetings with other managers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in working with multiple locations.
- Class A CDL with Hazmat, tanker and doubles/triples endorsements preferred.
- Five years of supervisory and managerial experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of OSHA Regulations and Safety/Compliance Codes of Practice.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to understand technical and day to day operation of a feed mill facility
- Ability to work independently with urgency and meet deadlines
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate