Reporting to Assistant Locations Manager or Location Manager, the Agronomy Operations Associate a Non Exempt position.
The Agronomy Operations Associate will perform duties associated with agronomy within the facility in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
- Promote an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the mission and core values of Viafield.
- Model behaviors that support Viafield’s mission and core values to be a trusted advisor to our customers and members.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Applies chemicals and fertilizer to customers fields using appropriate equipment.
- Maintains an accurate running inventory.
- Restocks supplies and inventory; places orders as needed.
- Enters purchase order data in the inventory control system.
- Accepts, verifies, inspects, and records all deliveries according to policy.
- Records, reports, and returns defective items.
- Processes invoices, supplying necessary data to accounting or other appropriate department for payment and recordkeeping.
- Maintains the organization and cleanliness of the assigned equipment.
- Handles complaints; notifies supervisor of any issues.
- Comply with government regulations and company safety policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year agronomy experience
- Proficient with inventory control systems.
- Thorough understanding of policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- The team member is regularly required to talk or hear
- The team member frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- The team member is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms
- The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate